Sunday, August 10, 2008

Savage Gulf

January 2008 - North Rim - 16 Miles Total In/Out

It was certainly cold but we were banking on a spot at Hobbs Cabin. Hobbs Cabin is a cabin available along the North Rim trail on a first come, first serve basis. I had been told that it's hard to get on anything except maybe the middle of a week but I figured the temperatures would keep most off the trail. It's been a while but I believe it was in the 40s during the day. Anyway, not only was the cabin occupied but the three other camping sites that we could find around it were as well.

Like many of the sites at Savage Gulf/Stone Door, Hobbs Cabin has an outhouse available. There is also a stream available along the way. I don't remember it but I marked it on the GPS. The coordinates for that and other locations can be found on WikiLoc.

Check out the Friends of the SCRA website for more info on the park and pictures of the cabin.

No comments: